Palais Versailles' $625,000 price kicks off Keeneland January sale's second session.
Foreign buyers expected to boost market at Keeneland January horses of all ages sale.
Horses owned by Cynthia Phipps will be dispersed at Keeneland's January sale.
Cynthia Phipps, longtime breeder/owner and chairwoman of the Animal Medical Center, died Oct. 24 at New York-Presbyterian Hospital as a result of injuries suffered in an early morning fire in her Manhattan, N.Y., apartment.
A part interest in grade II winner Saarland, a son of Unbridled out of multiple grade I millionaire Versailles Treaty, has been sold to a syndicate and the sophomore sire will relocate to Darby Dan Farm to stand beginning with the 2006 breeding season.
Most Popular Stories
- Indicators Drop at Ocala August Yearling Sale
- Speedy Moreno Dangerous Again in Woodward
- Santa Anita's Main Track to Reopen Sept. 2
- Target on Wise Dan for Bernard Baruch Return
- Sunset Glow Has Experience Edge in Debutante
- Gains Posted as Doncaster Premier Sale Ends
- Solis Returns to California to Ride Full Time
- Miss Behaviour Cuts Back for Prioress Run
- Kentucky Considers Allowing Salix-Free Races
- Tritap, a Son of Tapit, to Heritage Stallions