Palais Versailles' $625,000 price kicks off Keeneland January sale's second session.
Foreign buyers expected to boost market at Keeneland January horses of all ages sale.
Horses owned by Cynthia Phipps will be dispersed at Keeneland's January sale.
Cynthia Phipps, longtime breeder/owner and chairwoman of the Animal Medical Center, died Oct. 24 at New York-Presbyterian Hospital as a result of injuries suffered in an early morning fire in her Manhattan, N.Y., apartment.
A part interest in grade II winner Saarland, a son of Unbridled out of multiple grade I millionaire Versailles Treaty, has been sold to a syndicate and the sophomore sire will relocate to Darby Dan Farm to stand beginning with the 2006 breeding season.
Most Popular Stories
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- New York Discusses Race-Day Lasix Rules
- Copper Bullet Out to Build Reputation in Bashford Manor
- Fager to Deliver Thoroughbred Owner Conference Keynote
- Conrad Bandoroff Joins Denali Stud
- Hill 'n' Dale Acquires Half Interest in Bubbler
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- Ward Pleased With Stable's Royal Ascot Performance
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- F-T Saratoga Offering 12 From Scat Daddy's Last Crop