Palais Versailles' $625,000 price kicks off Keeneland January sale's second session.
Foreign buyers expected to boost market at Keeneland January horses of all ages sale.
Horses owned by Cynthia Phipps will be dispersed at Keeneland's January sale.
Cynthia Phipps, longtime breeder/owner and chairwoman of the Animal Medical Center, died Oct. 24 at New York-Presbyterian Hospital as a result of injuries suffered in an early morning fire in her Manhattan, N.Y., apartment.
A part interest in grade II winner Saarland, a son of Unbridled out of multiple grade I millionaire Versailles Treaty, has been sold to a syndicate and the sophomore sire will relocate to Darby Dan Farm to stand beginning with the 2006 breeding season.
Most Popular Stories
- Business as Usual for J Boys Echo in Derby Breeze
- Pletcher Breezes Four Kentucky Derby Hopefuls
- Classic Empire a Pro in Four-Furlong Move
- Espinoza Wins First Race After HOF Announcement
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Sano Star Gunnevera Goes Easy Five Furlongs
- Blinkers Likely for Practical Joke in Kentucky Derby
- O'Neill Confident After Irap's Mile Work
- BloodHorse.com Launches BackTrack Channel
- Vexatious Stands Out in Oaks Move