Palais Versailles' $625,000 price kicks off Keeneland January sale's second session.
Foreign buyers expected to boost market at Keeneland January horses of all ages sale.
Horses owned by Cynthia Phipps will be dispersed at Keeneland's January sale.
Cynthia Phipps, longtime breeder/owner and chairwoman of the Animal Medical Center, died Oct. 24 at New York-Presbyterian Hospital as a result of injuries suffered in an early morning fire in her Manhattan, N.Y., apartment.
A part interest in grade II winner Saarland, a son of Unbridled out of multiple grade I millionaire Versailles Treaty, has been sold to a syndicate and the sophomore sire will relocate to Darby Dan Farm to stand beginning with the 2006 breeding season.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Again Horse of the Year
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Castellano Scores Fourth Straight Eclipse as Top Jockey
- Arrogate Logs Final Pegasus Work
- Beholder Goes Out a Champion, Earns Fourth Eclipse
- Still in Tune, Songbird Earns Second Straight Eclipse
- Finest City Dazzles in Santa Monica
- Arrogate, Flintshire Power Juddmonte to Owner Eclipse
- California Chrome Named Champion Older Dirt Male
- Lord Nelson Fighting Laminitis, to Miss Breeding Season