A record price for a broodmare offered during the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky winter mixed sale was established Feb. 14 at the sale company's Newtown Paddocks near Lexington, Ky. when North Hills Management went to $370,000 to acquire grade II winner Sweet Win.
Lenatareese, who has overcome wide trips to win both her turf starts, was one of nine 3-year-old fillies entered in Monday's $100,000-added Pebbles Handicap (gr. IIIT), the Columbus Day feature at Belmont Park.
Trainer Christophe Clement takes aim at New York's top prize for 3-year-old turf fillies when he sends out Torrestrella and Spotlight in the $300,000 Garden City Breeders' Cup (gr. IT).
Hall of Fame jockey Jerry Bailey moved to within three victories of Angel Cordero Jr.'s all-time win record at Saratoga Race Course on Monday afternoon, as he guided Peter F. Karches' Seducer's Song to victory in the ninth running of the $113,900 Lake George (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-old fillies at 1 1/16 miles on the "good" Mellon Turf Course.
Jockey Pat Day will replace the injured Jose Santos aboard Lucifer's Stone, a leading contender in Monday's $100,000 Lake George Handicap (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-old fillies at Saratoga Race Course.
Most Popular Stories
- A Look at 2015 Homebred Derby Hopefuls
- American Pharoah Tops NTRA Poll
- Dortmund to Track, Other Derby Horses Arrive
- American Pharoah Forges Way to Zayat's Heart
- California Chrome Adjusting to Newmarket
- Baffert May Not Enter Filly in Kentucky Oaks
- Ranking the Kentucky Derby Workouts
- Alto Aims High With Materiality
- Weir, Lipinski on NBC Social Media for Derby
- Upstart Breeder Out of Hospital, CD Bound