The Arizona Department of Racing approved a pilot program for equine "milkshake" testing and increased the number of ELISA tests to 25 from 15.
California has taken the first step to ban the backstretch use of snake venom, which officials believe can be used as a nerve- or joint-numbing agent in sore or injured horses.
Most Popular Stories
- Barretts' First Del Mar Sale Sees Increase
- The Truth Or Else Joins Belmont Stakes Mix
- Smooth Stride Could Lift American Pharoah
- Secretariat's Birthplace Named 'Historic'
- Lopez Family Faces Off at Golden Gate
- American Pharoah Jogs One Mile at Churchill
- Old Friends Cabin Creek Welcomes Be Bullish
- No Belmont Stakes for Conquest Curlinate
- Miss Temple City on Schedule for Royal Ascot
- MarketWatch: McPeek on Yearling Selection