Jockey Patricia Cooksey, the all-time leading female rider at Churchill Downs, has been named as a finalist for the New York Racing Association's (NYRA) 2003 Mike Venezia Award, which goes to riders who "exemplify extraordinary sportsmanship and citizenship."
Mike Luzzi has been named the winner of the 2001 Mike Venezia Memorial Award by the New York Racing Association. The award honors riders who exemplify extraordinary sportsmanship and citizenship, qualities exhibited by the jockey for whom the award is named. It is voted on by a ballot of racing fans, sports writers, and jockeys.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- 'Cleopatra' Looking to Reign in Chandelier
- Colonel John Sold, to Stand in Korea in 2017
- Runhappy Faces Five in Ack Ack
- Flintshire Rolls Into Joe Hirsch Turf Classic
- Snowden Death Investigation 'Inactive'
- Beholder, Stellar Wind Renew Rivalry
- Klimt to Stretch Out in FrontRunner
- Air Force Blue Retired to Ashford Stud
- Mirahmadi New Full-Time Caller at Golden Gate