Jockey Patricia Cooksey, the all-time leading female rider at Churchill Downs, has been named as a finalist for the New York Racing Association's (NYRA) 2003 Mike Venezia Award, which goes to riders who "exemplify extraordinary sportsmanship and citizenship."
Mike Luzzi has been named the winner of the 2001 Mike Venezia Memorial Award by the New York Racing Association. The award honors riders who exemplify extraordinary sportsmanship and citizenship, qualities exhibited by the jockey for whom the award is named. It is voted on by a ballot of racing fans, sports writers, and jockeys.
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Stradivari Recuperating After Surgery
- Lady Aurelia on Track for Prix Morny
- Madden Gets Birthday Win at Saratoga
- The Gurkha Edges Galileo Gold in Sussex
- Legends: Lady's Secret, the Iron Lady
- Unified's Connections Eye King's Bishop
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- King Kranz Holds Royal Edge in Amsterdam
- Gun Runner Arrives at Monmouth for Haskell