Multiple graded-stakes winner Tout Charmant heads a field of nine fillies and mares going 1 1/8 miles on the turf in the $150,000 grade III San Gorgonio at Santa Anita Park Sunday. The 6-year-old Slewvescent mare, who finished second to Perfect Sting in the 2000 Breeders' Cup Filly and Mare Turf, will have to run well to keep her racing career going. If she shows signs of slowing down, she will likely keep a date with Storm Cat in the breeding shed.
Starrer made up for tough luck earlier in the year, coming from off the pace under Jerry Bailey to win the grade II, $150,000 Bayakoa Handicap by one length over game California-bred filly Queenie Belle at Hollywood Parkon Saturday. In the day's third graded stakes, Garrett Gomez guided Brazilian-bred Verruma to a half-length victory over Vencera in the $150,000 Dahlia Handicap.
Most Popular Stories
- Bettys Bambino Wins Daytona in Stakes Debut
- Gentildonna Goes Out On Top in Career Finale
- Main Sequence Arrives in Florida for Winter
- Posse Offspring Take Pair of NY-Bred Stakes
- Cowtown Cat Moves to Ohio's Mapleton for 2015
- Bayern, 'Chrome Work Toward Possible Rematch
- Shared Belief Sprints to Game Malibu Triumph
- Juvenile Catalina Red Sets Tampa Track Mark
- Jockey Bain, 62, Wins Again at Gulfstream
- Apprentice Rider Ramgeet Out Indefinitely