Tattersalls' returned a second-best annual turnover of 134,682,000 guineas as the December Sales reached its conclusion in Newmarket on Thursday night. A total of 3,842 head were sold during 2002 at an average price of 35,055 guineas.
The major breeding stock reduction of the late Prince Fahd Salman's Newgate Stud brought 4,213,000 guineas for 16 head sold at Wednesday's penultimate session of the Tattersalls December Sales.
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- Nyquist Ships to Churchill Day After Work
- A Derby Rookie's First Churchill Morning
- Uncle Lino Game in California Chrome Stakes
- Toews On Ice Glides to William Walker Win
- Alert Bay Holds Tough in San Francisco Mile
- Exaggerator Works for Kentucky Derby Bid
- Dettori Strikes With 'Gold' in 2000 Guineas
- Ward Sends Three Fillies in Kentucky Juvenile
- Danzing Candy Logs Final Derby Breeze