Tattersalls' returned a second-best annual turnover of 134,682,000 guineas as the December Sales reached its conclusion in Newmarket on Thursday night. A total of 3,842 head were sold during 2002 at an average price of 35,055 guineas.
The major breeding stock reduction of the late Prince Fahd Salman's Newgate Stud brought 4,213,000 guineas for 16 head sold at Wednesday's penultimate session of the Tattersalls December Sales.
Most Popular Stories
- Stallion Oxbow to Stand at Calumet in 2015
- Competitive Group Entered for Smarty Jones
- Hollendorfer Duo Part of Even Yellow Ribbon
- Officials Examining Horse Deaths at Saratoga
- Barretts October Yearling Catalog Available
- California Chrome Progressing Toward PA Derby
- Micromanage Set for Another Distance Test
- Ben's Cat Seeks Third Turf Monster Victory
- Knee Surgery to Sideline Kid Cruz for Year
- Texas Racing Commission OKs Instant Racing