Tattersalls' returned a second-best annual turnover of 134,682,000 guineas as the December Sales reached its conclusion in Newmarket on Thursday night. A total of 3,842 head were sold during 2002 at an average price of 35,055 guineas.
The major breeding stock reduction of the late Prince Fahd Salman's Newgate Stud brought 4,213,000 guineas for 16 head sold at Wednesday's penultimate session of the Tattersalls December Sales.
Most Popular Stories
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Dortmund Could Return in Triple Bend
- Irish War Cry Ticks All the Boxes in Five-Furlong Work
- Winx Soars to Fifteenth Straight Win
- Farrell Vaults to Top of Kentucky Oaks Leaderboard
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Yorkiepoo Princess Scores Again at Aqueduct
- Veteran Kentucky-Based Hot Walker Roche Dies at 91
- Unified Edges Mind Your Biscuits in GP Sprint