Verdana Bold ran down 3-5 favorite Authenicat to take the US$156,727 Star Shoot Stakes for 3-year-old fillies by one length at Woodbine April 13.
Like a Gem ran her winning streak to three races in the US$219,564 Maple Leaf Nov. 10 while spoiling the Woodbine debut of Western Canada invader Monashee, who was looking for her 12th consecutive win.
Like a Gem, dismissed at odds of 48-1, dashed the Triple Tiara hopes of Kimchi, in capturing the $250,000 Wonder Where Stakes Saturday on the Woodbine turf Saturday.
Knights Templar gave jockey Constant Montpellier his first added-money score of the 2005 campaign, rallying from just off the pace to take Saturday's (U.S.) $113,636 Ontario Debutante Stakes at Woodbine.
Mark One, with Robert Landry in the irons, rallied from off the pace to gun down Prince of Wales and Breeders' Stakes champion A Bit O'Gold in the final jumps to win Saturday's $157,950 Woodbine Slots Cup (Can-III).
After stalking the pace throughout most of the 6 ½-furlong $141,250 Bold Venture Stakes at Woodbine on Sunday, I'm the Tiger, piloted by Todd Kabel, pounced on his rivals.
Stronach Stable's Macho Uno will not make it to the May 5 Kentucky Derby (gr. I), but he will not require surgery to get back to the racetrack. Last year's 2-year-old champion and Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I) winner apparently is sore from bone-density immaturity.
Most Popular Stories
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- Sherman Says 'Chrome' Looks as Good as Ever
- Top Filly Princess of Sylmar Retired
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Undrafted Returns in Kentucky Downs Turf Dash
- Illinois Board Has Tough Call on 2015 Dates
- Big Gains Mark Keeneland Sale's Day 11
- Filly First Winner for Line of David
- Pedigree Analysis: Inbreeding Trends
- Top Stallion Street Cry Dead at Age 16