The name of Mill House's multiple stakes winner Brilliant was among nine dropped in the entry box on Wednesday for Saturday's $250,000-added Firecracker Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIT) at Churchill Downs.
Kip Deville, one of the nation's top-ranked milers, aims for his fourth straight victory as he returns to Southern California in Monday's $300,000 Shoemaker Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT) on the Lakeside Turf Course at Hollywood Park.
Making his first start in more than a year, Chinese Dragon rallied along the inside for jockey Mike Smith to nose the outsider Vega's Lord while capturing the $300,000 San Francisco Mile (gr. IIT) on the Golden Gate Fields turf course Saturday.
Becrux, who won the $1 million Woodbine Mile (Can-I) in Toronto last year, is a slight favorite on the morning line to capture the 58th running of the $300,000 San Francisco Mile (gr. IIT) at Golden Gate Fields Saturday.
Siren Lure, third as the 11-10 favorite in last year's $100,000 San Simeon Handicap (gr. IIIT) on Santa Anita's downhill turf course, has that failure to rectify as the 121-pound high weight on Saturday.
Showing Up, the probable favorite for the $500,000 Hollywood Derby (gr. IT) Sunday, arrived in Southern California Tuesday from New York.
Ivan Denisovich, stabled with Aidan O'Brien in Ireland, and Vega's Lord, conditioned by Peter Rau in Germany, are scheduled to arrive in Southern California Monday for the $500,000 Hollywood Derby (gr. IT) after a flight from Europe, racing secretary Martin Panza confirmed Thursday.
Most Popular Stories
- Winter Weather Continues to Impact Racing
- Scat Daddy Colt Tops Sale at F-T Florida
- Coffee Pot Brews a Good One in Carpe Diem
- Shared Belief a Massive Favorite in Big 'Cap
- Clubhouse Ride Retired to Stud in California
- Jockey Chapa Appeals Suspension, Fine
- Avila Draws Suspension Dates, Plans to Appeal
- Help Wanted: Keeneland Hosting Job Fair
- Metaboss Working Toward Spiral Start
- Seven Seek First Graded Score in Las Flores