Virginia Tarra Trust's homebred Giant Oak, successful in his seasonal turf debut while winning the Arlington Classic last out, will look for his first graded stakes win July 11 in the $300,000 American Derby (gr. II) at Arlington Park.
Vaquero, who finished sixth in Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf, returns to action Dec. 6 in $150,000 Display Stakes at Woodbine. The son of Orientate will face 11 juveniles on the Polytrack.
Bittel Road, three-for-three in his career, seeks to keep his record perfect in the Grey Goose Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf Oct. 25 at Santa Anita Park.
James Scatuorchio and John Iracane's Bittel Road came from the clouds and got the final jump on Driving Snow to take the $200,000 Woodford Reserve Bourbon Stakes (gr. IIIT) by a head in thrilling fashion Oct. 5 on the Keeneland turf. The victory earned undefeated Bittel Road a berth in the Grey Goose Breeders Cup Juvenile Turf Oct. 25 at Santa Anita.
Most Popular Stories
- Prominent Sire Beau Genius Dies at 29
- Grade II Winners to Battle in WV Derby
- R Free Roll Leads the Way in Honorable Miss
- Bayern Wires Haskell; Favored Untapable 5th
- Emperors Palace 2YO Sale Set for August
- 'The Chief' in Florida Rather Than Saratoga
- Wilkins to Direct Calumet Stallion Division
- No Worries for Paquette in First Race Call
- Kingman vs. Toronado at Glorious Goodwood
- Travers or Pennsylvania Derby Next for Bayern