Promising prospects stretched their legs for prospective buyers March 9 at the second of two under-tack shows for Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s selected 2-year-olds in training sale.
A Galileo filly is the highest-priced weanling early in the opening session of the Keeneland November breeding stock sale Tuesday, Nov. 5 in Lexington after she was purchased by Dell Ridge for $475,000.
A Tapit colt became the second seven-figure purchase during the second session of the Keeneland September yearling sale when Coolmore Stud went to $1 million for him.
The Fasig-Tipton Saratoga select yearling sale in New York Aug. 6 and 7 has seven young horses that were acquired previously at public auction for $200,000 or more apiece.
A day after Caracortado captured the Daytona Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Santa Anita Park against some of the best sprinters in the country, his dam, Mons Venus, commanded $250,000 from Kenny Troutt's WinStar Farm and Airdrie Stud.
Most Popular Stories
- Epicharis Earns Japan's Kentucky Derby Bid
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Gold Dream Punches Ticket to BC Classic
- Mo Town Set for 3-Year-Old Debut in Risen Star
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Royal Delta Half Brother Scores on Gulfstream Turf
- Terra Promessa Goes Gate to Wire in Bayakoa
- Curlin's Approval Stretches Out Handily in Royal Delta
- Wild At Heart Makes Short Work of Buena Vista