The multiple grade I winner Balance, well beaten by undefeated California bred Nashoba's Key when they met a month ago, will get another chance against her rival in Saturday's $300,000 Vanity Invitational Handicap (gr. I) at Hollywood Park.
George Krikorian's Hollywood Story, who has never won anywhere but at Hollywood Park, notched her second grade I win at the Inglewood track when she held off Healthy Addiction to win the $300,000 Vanity Handicap for fillies and mares Sunday.
Proposed and Star Parade, who staged a dramatic battle in the Milady Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. II) one month ago, lead a small but strong field of seven entered for the $300,000 Vanity Invitational Handicap (gr. I) at Hollywood Park Sunday.
Coming off a dazzling seven-length victory in the Milady Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. II) on June 4, Andujar is the 6-5 favorite among nine fillies and mares in the $300,000 Vanity Invitational Handicap (gr. I) at Hollywood Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Prominent Sire Beau Genius Dies at 29
- Grade II Winners to Battle in WV Derby
- R Free Roll Leads the Way in Honorable Miss
- Bayern Wires Haskell; Favored Untapable 5th
- 'The Chief' in Florida Rather Than Saratoga
- Emperors Palace 2YO Sale Set for August
- Wilkins to Direct Calumet Stallion Division
- No Worries for Paquette in First Race Call
- Travers or Pennsylvania Derby Next for Bayern
- Kingman vs. Toronado at Glorious Goodwood