Play Fellow, who won more grade I stakes at 3 than any member of his foal crop, was euthanized Dec. 17 at Nuckols Farm near Midway, Ky., because of the infirmities of old age.
Graded stakes winner Fappie's Notebook has been relocated to Harvey and Nancy Vanier's Fairberry Farm near Waterloo, Ill.
Western Playboy, who won the 1989 Blue Grass Stakes (gr. I), died in April at Harvey and Nancy Vanier's Fairberry Farm near Waterloo, Ill.
Straight Line seeks back-to-back stakes win Saturday in the $50,000 Forego Stakes at Turfway Park, but the competition promises to be stiff.
Stakes winner Unreal Zeal will stand at Harvey and Nancy Vanier's Fairberry Farm near Waterloo, Ill.
Returning to the site of his Iroquois (gr. III) victory nearly a year ago, Straight Line edged past the pacesetting favorite Vicarage near the eighth pole for an upset victory in the $112,200 Ack Ack Handicap (gr. III) on opening day of the Churchill Downs fall meeting Sunday.
Grade III winner Straight Line turned in a strong workout Monday as trainer Harvey Vanier prepares him for the seven-furlong Swale Stakes (gr. II) at Gulfstream Park March 5.
Iroquois (gr. III) winner Straight Line has yet to return home from Lexington's Hagyard-Davidson-McGee Clinic, but veteran trainer Harvey Vanier and family are encouraged by the latest news on the promising 2-year-old colt.
Straight Line, ridden by Brice Blanc, took the lead on the turn and pulled away from his 2-year-old rivals to easily win the $109,600 Iroquois (gr. III) at one mile at Churchill Downs Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- Texas Chrome Pointing to Dirt Mile
- Eddie D. Stakes Split Into Divisions
- Team Block relocating Fort Prado to Indiana
- Amid Gloomy Forecast, Illinois Sets Dates
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Broadcast Honors for Santa Anita, NYRA
- Goffs Orby Off to Solid Start
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup