Holly Rincon's Venezuelan homebred Remarkable News is the 5-2 morning line favorite Sunday against 12 rivals in one of the most competitive fields in the 10-year history of the $1 million Bell Woodbine Mile (Can-I) over the E.P. Taylor Turf Course.
Moyglare Stud's Steel Light, sent off as the lukewarm 3-1 favorite, made his Woodbine debut a winning one, taking Sunday's $500,000 Nearctic Stakes (Can-II) on Pattison Canadian International Day at Woodbine.
In his first start since February, the Chilean-bred outsider Host came from last on the backstretch to collar Vanderlin in deep stretch for a neck victory in the $600,000 Shadwell Turf Mile (gr. IT) at Keeneland Saturday.
Four grade or group I winners are among the 10 horses entered in the $600,000 Shadwell Turf Mile (gr. IT) to be run at Keeneland Saturday.
Leroidesanimaux puts his seven-race winning streak on the line as the 9-5 morning line favorite against eight opponents in Sunday's $1 million Atto Mile (Can-I) at Woodbine.
Vanderlin, a 6-year-old son of Halling, made his North American debut a winning one, capturing the (U.S.) $195,206 Play the King Stakes (Can-II) by a head Saturday at Woodbine.
Soaring Free goes for his third victory in the $230,800 Play the King Handicap (Can-II) and a tenth career win over the E.P. Taylor Turf Course on Saturday at Woodbine.
Most Popular Stories
- Honor Code Gets Tightener for Seasonal Debut
- Game On Dude Captures Record Third Big 'Cap
- Featured Horse Profile: Palace Malice
- California Chrome Shines Again in San Felipe
- Palace Malice Returns a Winner in GP Handicap
- Ring Weekend Springs Tampa Bay Derby Upset
- Top Billing Off Derby Trail With Fracture
- Sahara Sky Storms to Second San Carlos Win
- Indian Charlie Son Drills Fast Furlong at OBS
- Winning Prize Streaks Home in Kilroe Mile