A talented cast of seven older males are looking to add a grade I victory to their resumes when they contend in the Aug. 8 Alfred G. Vanderbilt Handicap at Saratoga.
The Eclipse Award voting is still more than five months away, but the star-studded $250,000 Alfred G. Vanderbilt Handicap (gr. II) Aug. 9 at Saratoga may go a long way in deciding the nation's top sprinter.
Favored Abraaj, under a vigorous ride from Alan Garcia, earned his first stakes victory when he rallied from far off the pace to win the $250,000 Alfred G. Vanderbilt Handicap (gr. II) at Saratoga July 26.
Although slowed by a fever that knocked him out of the Metropolitan Handicap (gr. I), undefeated Bustin Stones should be ready for a top effort in the $250,000 Alfred G. Vanderbilt Handicap (gr. II) at Saratoga July 26, trainer Bruce Levine says.
Fans of Saratoga Race Course can't wait for the track to open its 140th season Wednesday, July 23 and they won't have to wait much longer for the high-quality stakes races that make the Spa one of Thoroughbred racing's top meetings.
TVG announced July 25 that it will offer extended opening weekend coverage from Saratoga to air Saturday and Sunday, July 28-29. Opening weekend will include the debut of the $25,000 Breeders' Cup Challenge contest for TVG account holders.
Most Popular Stories
- Air Force Blue Retired to Ashford Stud
- Tapit, War Front Dominate Keeneland Sale
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- Texas Chrome Pointing to Dirt Mile
- Eddie D. Stakes Split Into Divisions
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup
- Team Block relocating Fort Prado to Indiana