Grade I winner Summerly, a 2005 Eclipse Award finalist, has arrived at Bill Casner and Kenny Troutt's WinStar Farm near Versailles, Ky., to become a broodmare.
Summerly, front-running winner of the 131st Kentucky Oaks (gr. I), will be consigned by Eaton Sales to the Fasig-Tipton November Selected Mixed Sale Nov. 5 in Lexington.
By the end of the Monday's session of the marathon Keeneland September yearling sale, the gross of $285,579,700 through seven days of selling surpassed the total receipts of $274,125,300 for all 12 sessions in 2003 and was already the second-highest in sale history.
Victory U.S.A., who in two previous matchups with Halfbridled could finish no better than third, turned the tables on last year's juvenile filly champion with an impressive win in the $250,000 Stonerside Beaumont Stakes (gr. II) at Keeneland Thursday.
Tom VanMeter II's Victory U.S.A., an impressive maiden winner from the talent-deep barn of trainer Bob Baffert, heads a field of six for Saturday's 53rd edition of the $250,000 Del Mar Debutante (gr. I) for 2-year-old fillies at seven furlongs on the main track.
Fillies from California, Kentucky, and New York are among those entered in the Oaks.
Most Popular Stories
- Love the Chase to Sell at F-T November
- Jim Rome Remembers Shared Belief
- Lady Eli's Miracle Comeback Looms
- Woodward Up Next for Frosted
- Unbeaten Enola Gray Steps Up in Torrey Pines
- Del Mar to Cut Race Dates, Open Later in 2017
- Majesto Spikes Fever, to Scratch From Travers
- 'Crook' 50th Black-Type Winner for Freud
- Runhappy Gets Back to Work at Keeneland
- Full Travers Field Awaits Exaggerator