A pair of horses who earned graded stakes wins as juveniles will try to add to their resumes June 14 at Churchill Downs when Tapiture and Rise Up meet in the $100,000 Matt Winn Stakes (gr. III).
After rolling to victory in the Street Sense Stakes Oct. 27 at Churchill Downs, Coastline will make his graded stakes debut in the $1 million Delta Downs Jackpot Stakes (gr. III) Nov. 23.
Carita Tostada, dam/granddam of three graded stakes winners, was euthanized in June because of complications from the infirmities of old age.
Despite a troubled trip, Jadada rallied from just off the pace to win the $214,800 Fayette Breeders' Cup Stakes (gr. III) by 1 1/2 lengths Saturday at Keeneland. Sterling Stud's 5-year-old son of Jade Hunter completed the 1 3/16 miles in 1:54.92 under Shane Sellers to complete his first graded stakes win.
Most Popular Stories
- Wise Dan Won't Run in Fourstardave
- Horse Returned, But Entry Clerk Out of a Job
- Keeneland September Catalogs More Than 4,000
- Best Pal is Next Chapter for Story to Tell
- Handle Declines at Churchill-Owned Tracks
- Bullheaded Boy First Winner for Bullsbay
- King's Bishop Likely Option for Wildcat Red
- Hawthorne Drops Race Dates, Cuts Fall Stakes
- Makari Wins Smithwick for Voss Murray
- Dayatthespa, Big Blue Kitten on Whitney Card