Trainer Gary Contessa sends out Sleeping in Sunday's $100,000-added Valley Stream at Aqueduct expecting his 2-year-old filly to bounce back from her last-place finish in Belmont Park's Astarita (gr. III) last month.
The Steve Asmussen-trained Megascape, shouldering top weight of 122 pounds, went gate to wire to easily upset odds-on favorite Alfonsina in the $106,500 Valley Stream (gr. III) for 2-year-old fillies Sunday at Aqueduct.
Kentucky-based trainer Rebecca "Becky" Maker saddles her first starter at Aqueduct when she send Galactic Cat to the post Sunday in the $100,000-added Valley Stream (gr. III) for 2-year-old fillies at six furlongs.
Frontrunner Smokey Glacken won the the $112,200 Valley Stream Stakes (gr. III) for 2-year-old fillies under Jose Santos by 3 3/4 lengths at Aqueduct on Sunday.
Flaunting her speed while shrugging off all pace challengers, Smokey Glacken was a convincing winner in her first two career starts. Yet her lone defeat, a third-place finish in Belmont Park's Astarita (gr. II), may have been her best effort to date.
On Parade, one of the most highly anticipated fillies in years, will go for her second consecutive victory when she heads a field of six drawn for the grade III, $75,000 added Valley Stream at Aqueduct Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- The Paralyzed Jockey Who's Still in the Race
- Wake Forest Heads United Nations
- Top Caribbean Race to be Held at Gulfstream
- Probe Into Abandoned Horses Continues
- NM Will Suspend Horses Who Fail Drug Tests
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Kentucky Case Sheds Light on Cruelty Laws
- Tuttipaesi Chases Graded Repeat
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert