Valid Wager, sire of grade I winner Valid Video, was euthanized May 15 because of complications from cancer.
All the time, trainers map out a schedule for a horse. Sometimes it works out. Other times it doesn't. And when it does work out, there is always one very important thing at work.
With a desperate lunge in the final strides, Valid Video and jockey Joey Bravo had just enough to nip Great Notion at the wire in Saturday's $200,000 King's Bishop (gr. I) for 3-year-old sprinters at Saratoga.
First-crop stallion Valid Wager has been bought by Tom and Debi Stull from Harry Mangurian Jr.'s Mockingbird Farm.
Most Popular Stories
- Wise Dan Won't Run in Fourstardave
- Keeneland September Catalogs More Than 4,000
- Horse Returned, But Entry Clerk Out of a Job
- Handle Declines at Churchill-Owned Tracks
- Bullheaded Boy First Winner for Bullsbay
- Hawthorne Drops Race Dates, Cuts Fall Stakes
- Makari Wins Smithwick for Voss Murray
- Dayatthespa, Big Blue Kitten on Whitney Card
- King's Bishop Likely Option for Wildcat Red
- First Winner for Sire Concord Point