John Pierce's homebred Mystery Classic, a winner of five consecutive stakes last year, will be honored as the 2007 Texas Horse of the Year and champion older horse by the Texas Thoroughbred Association. Mystery Classic is trained by Robert Schultz.
Texas-breds will take the spotlight at Sam Houston Race Park Dec. 1 for the track's annual Texas Champion Day program, which features eight restricted stakes worth more than $500,000.
Two-year-old gelding Gold Coyote stole the show on Lone Star Park's seventh annual "Stars of Texas" program with a jaw-dropping 10-length romp over Spark Plug in the $125,000 Staunch Avenger division of the Texas Stallion Stakes Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- HRRN Programming on New SiriusXM Channels
- Is PA Derby Best Spot for 'Chrome'?
- Keeneland September Sale Sees More Gains
- No Dice for Massachusetts Racing, Breeding
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- California Chrome Arrives at Parx Racing
- What's Going On Here: Solid at the Core
- Injury Forces Sea The Moon's Retirement
- Suffolk Downs Loses Casino Bid on 3-1 Vote
- Is California Chrome Vulnerable in PA Derby?