John Pierce's homebred Mystery Classic, a winner of five consecutive stakes last year, will be honored as the 2007 Texas Horse of the Year and champion older horse by the Texas Thoroughbred Association. Mystery Classic is trained by Robert Schultz.
Texas-breds will take the spotlight at Sam Houston Race Park Dec. 1 for the track's annual Texas Champion Day program, which features eight restricted stakes worth more than $500,000.
Two-year-old gelding Gold Coyote stole the show on Lone Star Park's seventh annual "Stars of Texas" program with a jaw-dropping 10-length romp over Spark Plug in the $125,000 Staunch Avenger division of the Texas Stallion Stakes Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Two-Time Champion Beholder Out of BC Distaff
- Colic: To Refer or Not to Refer
- Hillstar Shoots to Canadian International Win
- Just The Judge Earns E. P. Taylor Verdict
- Untapable Tops Worktab Sunday at Santa Anita
- Head May Continue Mile Success with Anodin
- Maturing White Rose Blossoms in Dowager
- BC Classic: How Weak Are the Older Horses?
- Caspar Netscher Up in Time for Nearctic Win
- Undrafted Drills 5 Furlongs for Turf Sprint