Upset-minded Balance of Power wore down Pants On Fire and won the $148,500 Philip H. Iselin Stakes (gr. III) with a smart last-to-first rally Aug. 17 at Monmouth Park.
Already a three-time stakes winner at Monmouth Park, Pants On Fire will try for a fourth stakes victory in seven career starts at the Oceanport, N.J., track in the $150,000 Philip H. Iselin Stakes (gr. III) Aug. 17.
Crossed Sabres Farm's Valid, a major pace factor in his previous three starts in stakes, finally broke through with a victory in the $211,000 Monmouth Cup (gr. II) for 3-year-olds and up at Monmouth Park July 27.
Itsmyluckyday, the 6-5 favorite, pulled clear to win the $160,500 Salvator Mile Stakes (gr. III) by 1 1/2 lengths. The son of Lawyer Ron covered the mile in 1:34.88 July 6 at Monmouth Park.
John Gunther's Last Gunfighter, away since his victory in the Hawthorne Gold Cup (gr. II) last November, had plenty of ammunition for his return with a victory in the $200,000 Mountainview Handicap at Penn National May 31.
TimeformUS Friday Stakes Plays for Pimlico, including the G2 Black-Eyed Susan and G3 Pimlico Special. read blog
Csaba successfully defended his title in the $100,000 Fred W. Hooper Handicap (gr. III), notching consecutive wins when he put away Valid in the final sixteenth of the Dec. 7 test at Calder Casino & Race Course.
Ken and Sarah Ramsey, the runaway leading owners in North America, purchased stakes-placed Secret Union for $150,000 to top the Oct. 7 Fasig-Tipton Saratoga fall mixed and horses of racing age sale.
Todd Pletcher's impressive maiden winner steps up to stakes company at the Big A.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Looking to Retain His Throne
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes
- Champion English Channel Relocates to Calumet
- Wise Dan to Make Return in Bernard Baruch
- Storm and a Half to Stand in Iowa
- Tiz Wonderful Colt Sells for OKC Sale Record
- Unbeaten Taghrooda Heads Yorkshire Oaks
- Consignors Provide Keeneland Showing Schedule
- Haskin's Top Sprinters of the Last 50 Years
- Close Hatches Bids for Perfection at Saratoga