Dubai World Cup (UAE-I) winner Electrocutionist died of an apparent heart attack Saturday, several days after an abnormality was detected in the 5-year-old horse's heart.
Earle Mack's Electrocutionist, fresh from a victory in the Juddmonte International (Eng-I) Aug. 16 at York, heads a well-matched field of 10 for Sunday's $2 million Pattison Canadian International (Can-I), Canada's richest race, at Woodbine Racetrack.
Perhaps the best middle-distance horse in Italy, American-bred Electrocutionist fought off a tenacious challenge from Vol de Nuit to record his first group I victory in the Gran Premio di Milano at San Siro Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- American Gal, Union Strike Meet in Starlet
- Retired Valet Ward Dies in Kentucky
- Resilient Humor Debut Winner for Sassy Image
- Trainer Brown Gearing Up for Gulfstream
- A Look Back at A.P. Indy's Hollywood Futurity
- Aqueduct Announcers Bring Youth, Experience
- Ferndale Racetrack OK After Earthquake
- Promising Mastery Heads Los Al Futurity Field