Dubai World Cup (UAE-I) winner Electrocutionist died of an apparent heart attack Saturday, several days after an abnormality was detected in the 5-year-old horse's heart.
Earle Mack's Electrocutionist, fresh from a victory in the Juddmonte International (Eng-I) Aug. 16 at York, heads a well-matched field of 10 for Sunday's $2 million Pattison Canadian International (Can-I), Canada's richest race, at Woodbine Racetrack.
Perhaps the best middle-distance horse in Italy, American-bred Electrocutionist fought off a tenacious challenge from Vol de Nuit to record his first group I victory in the Gran Premio di Milano at San Siro Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- Stall Guns for Departing's Grade I in Whitney
- Wise Dan Won't Run in Fourstardave
- Del Mar Once Again Shifting Races Off Turf
- Darley's Hard Spun to Return From Japan
- Millionaire Halo Dolly Retired from Racing
- Horse Returned, But Entry Clerk Out of a Job
- Keeneland September Catalogs More Than 4,000
- Best Pal is Next Chapter for Story to Tell
- Seagram Cup Next on Sky Captain's Itinerary
- Handle Declines at Churchill-Owned Tracks