Dubai World Cup (UAE-I) winner Electrocutionist died of an apparent heart attack Saturday, several days after an abnormality was detected in the 5-year-old horse's heart.
Earle Mack's Electrocutionist, fresh from a victory in the Juddmonte International (Eng-I) Aug. 16 at York, heads a well-matched field of 10 for Sunday's $2 million Pattison Canadian International (Can-I), Canada's richest race, at Woodbine Racetrack.
Perhaps the best middle-distance horse in Italy, American-bred Electrocutionist fought off a tenacious challenge from Vol de Nuit to record his first group I victory in the Gran Premio di Milano at San Siro Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- Dream It Is The Real Deal in Schuylerville
- Classic Empire to Resume Galloping
- Proctor's Ledge Makes Splash in Lake George
- CHRB Discusses Cutting Back Racing Dates
- Sanford Adds Another Chapter to Rich History Saturday
- Tiz a Slam Heads Prince of Wales Stakes
- Litfin: No Going Against Arrogate in San Diego
- Saratoga Opening Day Sees Handle Increase
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- Sircat Sally Faces Stiff Test in San Clemente