William Stiriz's 5-year-old gelding Hogy will have his work cut out for him when he attempts to defend his title in the Hanshin Cup (gr. III) at Arlington Park against 13 capable challengers.
Riding the River, winner of the the King Edward Stakes (Can-IIT) in a blanket finish one month ago, is the 5-2 morning-line choice to register a repeat victory in the $200,000 Nijinksy Stakes (Can-IIT) July 21 at Woodbine.
Riding the River, Canada's reigning male champion grass performer, successfully defended his title in the King Edward Stakes (Can-IIT) at Woodbine June 23 with a late surge to nip Valentino Beauty and the late-charging Hotep.
Multiple stakes-winning Woodbine veterans Pender Harbour and Riding the River appear to be the most promising choices in a field of nine that are set for the June 23 King Edward Stakes Presented by TVG (Can-IIT).
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Named 2016 Longines World's Best Racehorse
- Smith Eagerly Awaits 'Chrome'-Arrogate Rematch
- Arrogate, California Chrome Meet Again in Pegasus
- Lea Gets Bay Filly as First Foal
- Arrogate Celebrated as Longines World's Best Racehorse
- Pegasus Features Several Unique Conditions
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - January 24, 2017
- Total of 418 3-year-olds Nominated to 2017 Triple Crown
- Behind Scenes of Arrogate’s World’s Best Ranking
- Champion Steeplechaser Rawnaq to Miss 2017 Season