William Stiriz's 5-year-old gelding Hogy will have his work cut out for him when he attempts to defend his title in the Hanshin Cup (gr. III) at Arlington Park against 13 capable challengers.
Riding the River, winner of the the King Edward Stakes (Can-IIT) in a blanket finish one month ago, is the 5-2 morning-line choice to register a repeat victory in the $200,000 Nijinksy Stakes (Can-IIT) July 21 at Woodbine.
Riding the River, Canada's reigning male champion grass performer, successfully defended his title in the King Edward Stakes (Can-IIT) at Woodbine June 23 with a late surge to nip Valentino Beauty and the late-charging Hotep.
Multiple stakes-winning Woodbine veterans Pender Harbour and Riding the River appear to be the most promising choices in a field of nine that are set for the June 23 King Edward Stakes Presented by TVG (Can-IIT).
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- Ward: Scope Shows Lady Aurelia Bled
- Connect in Good Shape After PA Derby Win
- Texas Chrome Prevails in Oklahoma Derby
- Solid Keeneland Sale Ends With Declines
- Runhappy Logs Final Drill for Return
- Handle Decreased 26% at Monmouth Park in 2016
- Miyadi Suspended by CHRB After Altercation