At Clear Creek Stud, the horse comes first. Download Now
Grade I winner and millionaire Afternoon Deelites arrived May 22 at Old Friends, the Thoroughbred Retirement Center, near Georgetown, Ky.
Grade II winner Half Ours will stand in 2010 at Val Murrell's Clear Creek Stud near Folsom, La.
Louisiana's 2002 broodmare of the year Run Prissy Run, died of an apparent heart attack March 5 at Clear Creek Stud near Folsom, Louisiana. The unraced daughter Bayou Hebert out of the Tudor Grey mare Jannis Jan, was 16-years-old.
Afternoon Deelites, who stands at Clear Creek Stud near Folsom, La., has been relieved of stallion duty for this season because of a bad reaction to a strangles vaccination.
Ford Every Stream, a stakes-placed son of Seeking the Gold, will stand in 2006 at Val Murrell's Clear Creek Stud near Folson, La. His fee will be $2,500.
The damage of Hurricane Katrina on south Louisiana Thoroughbred farms wasn't as bad as originally feared, but it will take time to repair and replace fencing and barns, as well as remove debris and tree limbs.
Most Popular Stories
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- Casse Duo Set for Queen's Plate Run
- Neolithic Back Galloping After Respiratory Illness
- Litfin at Large: Class Horses Figure in Ohio Derby
- Kentucky Derby Starters Reunite in Ohio Derby
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture
- Untrapped Aims for First Stakes win in Ohio Derby
- Disco Rico and His Record-Setting Son Disco Partner
- The Player to Return on Churchill's Closing Night