The Gold Cup (Eng-I) is Ascot's oldest surviving race and attracted 18 entrants for this year's renewal June 20 at the Royal meeting, including previous winners Colour Vision and Rite of Passage.
Earl of Tinsdal took the lead at the start and never relinquished it, drawing off for a 3 1/2-length victory in the Gran Premio di Milano (Ity-I) at San Siro June 10.
Simon Burgess talks with trainer Alain de Royer-Dupre who has Vadamar in the Hong Kong Vase. Sponsored by AmWest Watch Video
The Dec. 11 Cathay Pacific Hong Kong International Races have enough subplots to keep any racing fan guessing.
Carlton House, owned by Queen Elizabeth II, is one of 13 declared runners for the $2 million Investec Epsom Derby (Eng-I), which takes place June 4 at Epsom Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Bayern Turns in Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Travis Stone Named Churchill Downs Announcer
- California Chrome Drills at Los Alamitos
- Old Friends to Receive Special Eclipse Award
- Emerald Downs Purses to Rise 20% in 2015
- Rodenticide Linked to Six Sudden Horse Deaths
- Bridlewood Owner Malone Purchases Ballylinch
- Casino Would Negatively Impact Finger Lakes
- Pedigree Analysis: Milwaukee Brew
- OBS Winter Mixed Sale Catalog Now Online