Outsider Grand Arch, rallying through the long Woodbine stretch, caught favored Excaper in the final strides to register his first stakes win in the $187,759 King Edward (Can-IIT) June 22 on the turf.
After notching the first stakes win of his career in the Longines Dixie Stakes (gr. II), Utley is scheduled to make his first ever start in Canada June 22 in the King Edward Stakes (Can-IIT).
Pimlico, Santa Anita, Belterra Park, Canterbury, Will Rogers Downs, Prairie Meaadows view slideshow
Augustin Stable's Utley, winless since last April, got back on track with an off-the-pace upset score in the $400,000 Dixie Stakes (gr. IIT) at Pimlico Race Course May 17.
Canadian Horse of the Year Up With the Birds takes on highweights Hamp and Hey Leroy May 17 in the $400,000 Longines Dixie Stakes (gr. IIT) at Pimlico Race Course.
Multiple graded stakes winner Summer Front, freshened up for his 5-year-old campaign by trainer Christophe Clement, meets defending Ft. Lauderdale Stakes (gr. IIT) upset winner Mucho Mas Macho Jan. 11 at Gulfstream Park.
Hall of Fame trainer D. Wayne Lukas has three starters in the May 18 Preakness Stakes and five in races on the undercard, including Optimizer and Skyring as part of a 13-horse field for the Longines Dixie Stakes (gr. IIT).
Global Power made his first start at Delaware Park a memorable one as the 4-year-old son of Pulpit held off Slip and Drive and Abilio to win the Sussex Stakes July 21.
Delegator, who is due to represent Godolphin in the TVG Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT) on Saturday, Nov. 6, at Churchill Downs, has had a quarter crack this week.
Most Popular Stories
- Wise Dan Making Progress, Still Tack-Walking
- Champion Sire Smart Strike Euthanized
- MA House Passes Suffolk Simulcast Extension
- Shared Belief Traveling East for CT Classic
- Commissioner Eyes Easier Skip Away Prize
- RMTC Board Announces Cobalt Threshold
- That Handicapping Show: Louisiana Derby
- War Correspondent, Lochte Head Appleton
- VLT Expansion Proposals Shot Down in New York
- Riposte Primed For Big Effort in Orchid