Horses hoping to ship from Turf Paradise to California racetracks and other facilities in the state will be denied access because of a horse that was confirmed to have vesicular stomatitis at the Phoenix, Ariz., track.
Grade II winner Dream Run has been relocated to Burch Farms near Monroe, Utah, where he is standing for $800.
BC3 Thoroughbreds, the yearling-to-juvenile pinhooking venture that is best known for selling grade I winner Brother Derek, has broadened its horizons. Started by Utah horsemen John Brocklebank and Shane Chipman, BC3 has an ambitious plan to buy and resell young horses in this country, Australia, and Asia.
- By Dan Liebman
A day after agents from the Internal Revenue Service were at ClassicStar Farm near Versailles, Ky., the horse operation is continuing, the farm manager said today.
ClassicStar, a venture that involves the leasing of mares, is continuing to operate after an announcement that David Plummer and his son, Spencer, are no longer associated with the outfit.
Stakes winner Pauly Boy, a half-brother to multiple stakes winner Wild Gold, will stand at KNAC Place near Salt Lake City, Utah.
Fourteen-year-old Powerful Venue has been relocated to Williams Ranches near Norwood, Colo.
Most Popular Stories
- Multiple Grade 1 Winner I'm a Chatterbox Retired
- Private Zone Retired to Old Friends
- Derby, Oaks Notes, from Churchill Downs, April 25
- Creative Cause Filly Sells for $575,000
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - April 25, 2017
- OBS April First Session Soars
- Orb Colt Grew Up, Brought $685,000 at OBS
- Three Chimneys Strikes Early for Orb Colt at $685,000
- McCraken Finishes Strong in Five-Furlong Move
- Romans Mulling Rider Options for J Boys Echo