Bold Chieftain became the first two-time winner of the 20-year-old California Cup Classic and went over $1 million in career earnings in a bittersweet victory at Oak Tree's Santa Anita meeting Oct. 3. Grazen, the 4-5 favorite, led the $196,000 race by one length in the final furlong but pulled up in distress and was removed from the course by van.
Most Popular Stories
- CHRB to Meet as Hollywood Park Closure Nears
- What was the Top Race of 2013?
- Eight Stakes Elevated in Status for 2014
- Hong Kong Cup Day: John Gosden - The Fugue
- Ultimate Guide To Winning 1 Million Points
- NY Trainer Hits World Stage in Hong Kong
- Saturday Plays from Betfair Hollywood Park
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- Chasing Landaluce
- Rise Up Scores for Late Sire Rockport Harbor