Bold Chieftain became the first two-time winner of the 20-year-old California Cup Classic and went over $1 million in career earnings in a bittersweet victory at Oak Tree's Santa Anita meeting Oct. 3. Grazen, the 4-5 favorite, led the $196,000 race by one length in the final furlong but pulled up in distress and was removed from the course by van.
Most Popular Stories
- Hollendorfer: Shared Belief Has 'Great' Work
- O'Neill and Racing's Slow Regulatory Process
- BC Classic: How Weak Are the Older Horses?
- F-T October Running Ahead of 2013 Record Pace
- HRTV to Air Live Coverage of Breeders' Cup
- Raffetto Joins New England HBPA Effort
- Trakus Coming to Some Australian Racecourses
- KY Necropsy Program Disproves 'Bad Step' Myth
- Podcast: Bob Baffert and the Breeders' Cup