In recognition and unqualified support of U.S. service members, the Breeders' Cup, in partnership with the USO, will host more than 350 American troops and their families for a day of championship Thoroughbred racing Nov. 7 at Santa Anita Park, as part of the 2009 Breeders' Cup World Championships. The day at the races will be sponsored by West Point Thoroughbreds, headed by Terry Finley, a former U.S. Army captain and West Point graduate.
For the first time in the 26-year history of the event, the Breeders' Cup World Championships, in partnership with the United Service Organizations (USO), will host American soldiers and their families for a day of Thoroughbred racing on Nov. 6 at Santa Anita Park.
For the first time in the 135-year history of the Kentucky Derby, the United Service Organizations will host American soldiers and their families from Fort Campbell and Fort Knox at Churchill Downs for the Run for the Roses May 2.
Most Popular Stories
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- Let Faith Arise Puts Santa Margarita On Ice
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Close Hatches Proves Class in Azeri Stakes
- Golden Lad Pulls Away for Razorback Romp
- Centre Court Scores Game Honey Fox Repeat
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- Cairo Prince Leads Florida Derby Worktab