In recognition and unqualified support of U.S. service members, the Breeders' Cup, in partnership with the USO, will host more than 350 American troops and their families for a day of championship Thoroughbred racing Nov. 7 at Santa Anita Park, as part of the 2009 Breeders' Cup World Championships. The day at the races will be sponsored by West Point Thoroughbreds, headed by Terry Finley, a former U.S. Army captain and West Point graduate.
For the first time in the 26-year history of the event, the Breeders' Cup World Championships, in partnership with the United Service Organizations (USO), will host American soldiers and their families for a day of Thoroughbred racing on Nov. 6 at Santa Anita Park.
For the first time in the 135-year history of the Kentucky Derby, the United Service Organizations will host American soldiers and their families from Fort Campbell and Fort Knox at Churchill Downs for the Run for the Roses May 2.
Most Popular Stories
- Suffolk Downs Adds Race Day for Tribute
- Ramseys, Brown, Castellano Top Penn Standings
- Lemon Drop Kid and Bill Farish
- Slideshow: Kelso: 5 Time HOY 50th Anniversary
- Successful Owner/Breeder Aaron Jones Dies
- Slideshow: Progeny of Lemon Drop Kid
- McEvoy Steps Down as Godolphin Jockey
- Champion Will Take Charge Retired
- Bayern Cruises to Pennsylvania Derby Win
- Goldencents to Remain in California