In recognition and unqualified support of U.S. service members, the Breeders' Cup, in partnership with the USO, will host more than 350 American troops and their families for a day of championship Thoroughbred racing Nov. 7 at Santa Anita Park, as part of the 2009 Breeders' Cup World Championships. The day at the races will be sponsored by West Point Thoroughbreds, headed by Terry Finley, a former U.S. Army captain and West Point graduate.
For the first time in the 26-year history of the event, the Breeders' Cup World Championships, in partnership with the United Service Organizations (USO), will host American soldiers and their families for a day of Thoroughbred racing on Nov. 6 at Santa Anita Park.
For the first time in the 135-year history of the Kentucky Derby, the United Service Organizations will host American soldiers and their families from Fort Campbell and Fort Knox at Churchill Downs for the Run for the Roses May 2.
Most Popular Stories
- Unique Bella Sidelined Due to Shin Issue
- Classic Empire to Arkansas Derby After Impressive Work
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- McCraken, Gunnevera Top Kentucky Derby Future Wager
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 28, 2017
- Tapit Colt Tops Barretts Hips to Watch
- Arrogate and How We Define Greatness
- Skychai Racing Purchases Interest in Fast and Accurate
- Tumblebrutus Gets 25th Black-Type Winner