In recognition and unqualified support of U.S. service members, the Breeders' Cup, in partnership with the USO, will host more than 350 American troops and their families for a day of championship Thoroughbred racing Nov. 7 at Santa Anita Park, as part of the 2009 Breeders' Cup World Championships. The day at the races will be sponsored by West Point Thoroughbreds, headed by Terry Finley, a former U.S. Army captain and West Point graduate.
For the first time in the 26-year history of the event, the Breeders' Cup World Championships, in partnership with the United Service Organizations (USO), will host American soldiers and their families for a day of Thoroughbred racing on Nov. 6 at Santa Anita Park.
For the first time in the 135-year history of the Kentucky Derby, the United Service Organizations will host American soldiers and their families from Fort Campbell and Fort Knox at Churchill Downs for the Run for the Roses May 2.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Arrives at Belmont
- Coolmore: Zenyatta's Dam Vertigineux Has Died
- Pan American Conference Draws a Crowd
- Sun and Warmer Temps Forecast for Belmont Day
- American Pharoah Has Final Breeze for Belmont
- De Kock Says American Pharoah a 'Super Horse'
- Stewart 'Feeling Good' About Tale of Verve
- Sherman Reflects on Belmont Past and Present
- NYRA Chairman Bonomo Takes Leave of Absence
- Lenny's Place: Belmont Stakes Episode