Favored Spice Route, making his first start in 2010, emerged from the pack in upper stretch and swept to an easy win in the $153,999 Singspiel Stakes (Can-IIIT) on Queen's Plate day at Woodbine July 4.
Hall of Fame trainer Roger Attfield dominated the closing day feature at Keeneland, as his foreign-bred charges Spice Route and Musketier ran one-two in the $200,000 Fifth Third Elkhorn Stakes (gr. IIT) April 24 on the Haggin turf course.
Five-year-old Welsh Cake (by Fantastic Light), a half-sister to Prix du Rond-Point (Fr-II) winner Trans Island (by Selkirk), topped breeding stock-orientated first session of the Tattersalls July sale in Newmarket, England July 8.
Mrs. G. Rowland Clark & Usk Valley Stud's Zanzibar drew away in deep stretch to a seven-length win over Rosa di Brema in Sunday's Oaks d'Italia (Ity-I) at San Siro. The Michael Bell-trained 3-year-old daughter of In the Wings, out of the Diesis mare Isle of Spice, completed the 1 3/8 miles in 2:16.50 on good turf under jockey Michael Fenton.
Most Popular Stories
- Smooth Stride Could Lift American Pharoah
- Old Friends Cabin Creek Welcomes Be Bullish
- The Truth Or Else Joins Belmont Stakes Mix
- Lopez Family Faces Off at Golden Gate
- Secretariat's Birthplace Named 'Historic'
- American Pharoah Jogs One Mile at Churchill
- MarketWatch: McPeek on Yearling Selection
- Miss Temple City on Schedule for Royal Ascot
- Woodbine Plans Events to Send Off Loiselle
- No Belmont Stakes for Conquest Curlinate