Those inside the aftercare industry say there is still a lot of work to be done.
- By Tom LaMarra
The horse racing industry is taking a closer look at a relaxant that produces optimum results when administered within a few hours of a race. The prevalence of GABA, a supplement, is open to speculation.
To call attention to these horses' second career possibilities, Rood & Riddle Equine Hospital has created a series of annual awards, the first of which will be presented to the top Thoroughbred sport horses of 2009.
The United States Equestrian Foundation's Equine Disaster Relief Fund is soliciting contributions to assist with care and placement of horses impacted by the wildifres in Southern California.
Below are selected links to some Web sites that have been established related to Barbaro.
Individuals and businesses in the Central Kentucky region have until 7 p.m. Friday to donate urgently needed supplies to the National Horse Center at the Kentucky Horse Park for horses and horse industry people affected by Hurricane Katrina.
The United States Equestrian Federation Inc. is seeking facilities or pastures to place horses and ponies victimized by Hurricane Katrina.
The Kentucky Equine Education Project has granted seats on its board of directors to the United States Equestrian Federation and the American Saddlebred Horse Association.
Most Popular Stories
- Catch a Glimpse in Good Order After Nassau Scare
- Rey de Oro wins Japanese Derby
- Danzing Candy Wires Lone Star Handicap
- Ashleyluvssugar Wins Second Charles Whittingham
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Twisted Tom Works Toward Belmont Stakes
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Lady Eli Digs in to Win Gamely
- Galileo, Coolmore Dominate European Classics
- Souper Tapit Gets Graded Score in Marine Stakes