Wagering on United States races for the month of November declined by more than $50 million in 2014 when compared to the previous year, due in great measure to the first day of the Breeders' Cup falling on Oct. 31.
Wagering on races in the United States took was slightly off in June compared to the same month in 2013 as handle nationally continued to lag for the year to date.
With a decline of 21 race days when compared with the same month a year ago, total wagering on U.S. Thoroughbred racing fell 1.57% during June, according to statistics from Equibase Company.
Most Popular Stories
- Cozmic One Approaches Long-Awaited Debut
- International Star Heads Derby Works at CD
- Carpe Diem Works for Jet-Setting Pletcher
- Cozmic One Lacks Late Kick in Debut
- KY Derby: Pletcher on April 18 Derby Works
- No Medication for Mubtaahij in Kentucky Derby
- Firing Line Drills in Company at Santa Anita
- Churchill to Stream Derby, Oaks Workouts Live
- Mott Fights Denial of Assistant's Visa
- Former KY Governor Seeking Third Oaks Win