Wagering on United States races for the month of November declined by more than $50 million in 2014 when compared to the previous year, due in great measure to the first day of the Breeders' Cup falling on Oct. 31.
Wagering on races in the United States took was slightly off in June compared to the same month in 2013 as handle nationally continued to lag for the year to date.
Wagering on United States Thoroughbred racing experienced an incremental uptick during July 2013 compared to the same month last year, according to statistics from Equibase Company.
Most Popular Stories
- Materiality, Frosted Drill Toward Belmont
- American Pharoah Schools, Back to Galloping
- Breeders' Cup Fantasy Game Returns for 2015
- Zenyatta in Foal to War Front Again
- Company Tied to NYRA Chair Named in Case
- Treve Terrific in Corrida Romp at Saint-Cloud
- Pedigree Analysis: Lovely Maria
- Amanpour Brings $1.5M on Final MM Select Day
- Carpe Diem, Madefromlucky Work in Company
- Bill Puts USADA in Charge of Drug Testing