Wagering on United States races for the month of November declined by more than $50 million in 2014 when compared to the previous year, due in great measure to the first day of the Breeders' Cup falling on Oct. 31.
Wagering on races in the United States took was slightly off in June compared to the same month in 2013 as handle nationally continued to lag for the year to date.
Wagering on United States Thoroughbred racing experienced an incremental uptick during July 2013 compared to the same month last year, according to statistics from Equibase Company.
Most Popular Stories
- Bayern, 'Chrome Work Toward Possible Rematch
- Taris to be Sidelined After Injury in La Brea
- Apprentice Rider Ramgeet Out Indefinitely
- Jockey Bain, 62, Wins Again at Gulfstream
- No Stopping Irish Mission in La Prevoyante
- Ghost Bay Breaks Maiden in Maryland Juvenile
- Shared Belief Sprints to Game Malibu Triumph
- Sam's Sister Stuns Taris in Quick La Brea
- California Chrome is Vox Populi Award Winner
- Prado 'Day to Day' After Gulfstream Spill