By Barry Irwin -- Racing is at a crossroads on many fronts these days. The New York Racing Association has its back up against the wall. The National Thoroughbred Racing Association is in a leadership transition. The Thoroughbred Championship Tour is trying to get off the ground. Purses face erosion from off-shore betting schemes. But the single greatest problem facing the game--how to restore integrity to the race itself--is not receiving the attention it so desperately requires.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Diagnosed With Hip Fracture
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for April 21, 2015
- Calumet Farm: The Rebirth of a Legend
- WV Analysis: Purses Can't Support Race Dates
- Jockey Club Enhances Vet Record Reporting
- South Africa's National Sale Starts April 22
- McKathans Saw Early Brilliance of 'Pharoah'
- Mubtaahij Works Three Furlongs at Arlington
- Slideshow: The Week in Photos for 04/21/2015
- NTRA Calls for Industry Support of Tax Reform