Just as the door closes on International Racing Group's operating presence in Oregon, the state is prepared to welcome two new players to the advance deposit wagering scene.
- By Tom LaMarra
Five account-wagering hubs in Oregon handled a total of $883 million last year, up about 6% from the 2003 figure. Meanwhile, fourth-quarter handle for 2004 was down slightly from the same period in 2003, according to Oregon Racing Commission statistics.
The five account wagering hubs in Oregon handled $179,546,773 in the first quarter of 2004, up 13.16% from the first quarter of 2003. Several of the companies had record first quarters.
Most Popular Stories
- Conquest Mo Money Still Undefeated, Sunland Derby Next
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- McCraken Top Individual in Kentucky Derby Future Wager
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Girvin, Farrell Exit Fair Grounds Wins Well
- Dortmund Could Return in Triple Bend
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- El Areeb Sharp in Five-Furlong Workout
- Fasig-Tipton Gulfstream Sale Poised for Strength
- Jockey Alex Birzer Reaches 3,000 Wins