While it already has faced many hurdles, if the declining North American foal crop is not turned around soon, North American racing will require creative solutions from racetracks and horsemen or face further contraction.
American sale companies say they have been at the forefront of banning steroid use. Testing of U.S. sale yearlings and 2-year-olds in training began in 2008.
Despite congressional efforts to stop the practice of slaughtering horses in the United States for human consumption, the Agriculture Department announced Tuesday it would continue, the Associated Press reported.
Most Popular Stories
- Yes It's True Euthanized
- Pender Harbour: Farewell to 'The King'
- Commissioner to WinStar Farm for 2016
- Effinex Looks for His Highlight Win in Clark
- Churchill Unveils Derby Sire Future Wager
- Kentucky Oaks Winner Keeper Hill Dead at 20
- Dortmund Out of Clark Handicap
- Tonalist, Red Vine Please in Cigar Mile Drill
- Rousing Sermon to Rancho San Miguel in 2016
- Nyquist Heads Pool 1 of Derby Future Wager