Trainer Christophe Clement has made quite an impression in the Tropical-at-Calder turf stakes the last decade and none more so than the $200,000 La Prevoyante Handicap (gr. II) for fillies and mares at 1 ½ miles on turf. The race is one of four stakes with a total $600,000 in purses on the Grand Slam II program at Calder Racecourse on Saturday.
German-bred Uriah wins the Long Island Handicap over soft going for owner Gary Tanaka.
A forecast for wet weather over the weekend has horsemen keeping their fingers crossed in hopes the rain will hold off until after Saturday's $150,000 Long Island Handicap (gr. IIT) for fillies and mares scheduled at a 1 1/2 mile on turf.
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Recruiting Ready Signs on for Bashford Manor
- Limousine Liberal Seeks Graded Score in Smile
- Legends: Charlie Whittingham, the Bald Eagle
- Birdatthewire Makes Gulfstream Return
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Evangeline Downs Hosts LA Legends Night