Urbane, the Siegel family's multiple grade I winner and top producer, died early Feb. 25 at Mill Ridge Farm in Lexington after giving birth the previous night to an Into Mischief filly.
Suave will replace Congrats, another A.P. Indy son, who achieved great success in Florida and will stand 2011 season at Vinery Kentucky
Pensioned Maryland sire Citidancer, sire of 29 stakes winners, including grade I winners Urbane and Hookedonthefeelin, succumbed to laminitis Aug. 11 at the age of 23.
Citidancer, one of Maryland's leading sires for years, has been pensioned at the Pons family's Country Life Farm near Bel Air, Md., because of declining fertility.
Most Popular Stories
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- Casse Duo Set for Queen's Plate Run
- Neolithic Back Galloping After Respiratory Illness
- Untrapped Aims for First Stakes win in Ohio Derby
- Kitasan Black Faces 10 in Takarazuka Kinen
- Litfin at Large: Class Horses Figure in Ohio Derby
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture
- Disco Rico and His Record-Setting Son Disco Partner
- The Player to Return on Churchill's Closing Night