Claire Novak updates us on Nyquist's gallop, Exaggerator, Lani, California shippers Danzing Candy and Trojan Nation, and the Kentucky Oaks.
- By Steve Haskin
Steve Haskin gives us an update on who worked at Santa Anita, the dense fog that rolled in, and much more! watch video
Steve Haskin brings you the calm after the storm of workouts with works and new arrivals Goldencents and Itsmyluckyday on the track today. Steve also gives you the work tab for the rest of the week. watch video
Classic winner Rachel Alexandra is healing well following a surgical procedure performed March 7 to drain an abscess that developed adjacent to her reproductive tract and rectum.
Doctors at Rood & Riddle Equine Hospital in Lexington said Monday, Feb. 18, that 2009 Horse of the Year Rachel Alexandra remains stable as she recovers from abdominal surgery performed Feb. 13 following foaling complications.
Rachel Alexandra surgery update with surgeon Dr. Brett Woodie, Dr. Bonnie Barr, and Barbara Banke answering questions from the media regarding Rachel Alexandra at Rood and Riddle Equine Hospital. watch video
Steve Haskin reports on the Breeders' Cup trackside from Santa Anita. watch video
The National Veterinary Services Laboratory recently confirmed two additional equine clinical cases of West Nile virus (WNV), one in New Jersey and the other in New York. The New Jersey case involved a 4-month-old colt, the youngest horse ever known to have developed clinical illness due to WNV in the U.S.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Hence Springs Upset in Sunland Derby
- Dortmund Back to Dirt in Next Start
- Undefeated Ghalia Takes Sunland Park Oaks
- Girvin Heads Louisiana Derby Field
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Fear the Cowboy Takes Skip Away in Late Drive
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- Farrell Poised for Next Test in Fair Grounds Oaks
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen