Jay Em Ess Stable's homebred By the Moon will be seeking to defend her crown when the 5-year-old mare tops a field of 10 entered in the $250,000 Bed o' Roses Invitational (G3) on the June 9 Belmont Park card.
Lightstream has made the trip west to take on the seven other fillies in the $300,000 La Brea Stakes (gr. I) Dec. 26 at Santa Anita Park and some new owners will be aboard for her run in the seven-furlong test.
Eight months after breaking her maiden first time out, Up Hill Stable's and Head of Plains Partners' Lightstream earned her second graded stakes victory when she captured the $250,000 Lexus Raven Run (gr. II) by 1 1/4 lengths over Malibu Stacy.
A first try on turf proved no problem for undefeated Lightstream as she rallied to victory in the $100,000 Soaring Softly Stakes May 21 at Belmont Park.
Lightstream lived up to the expectations of her connections and of the 20,000 people who made her the 7-5 favorite in the $150,000 Adena Springs Beaumont Stakes (gr. III) April 17 at Keeneland.
Clearly Now returned to the winner's circle in blazing fashion July 5, setting a track record for seven furlongs when taking home the $400,000 Belmont Sprint Championship Stakes (gr. II) by open lengths at Belmont Park.
Two 3-year-olds who registered impressive stakes wins in Florida sprint races this year will meet for the first time when Clearly Now and Honorable Dillon start in the $250,000 Bay Shore Stakes (gr. III).
Clearly Now came off a third-place finish behind Itsmyluckyday and Shanghai Bobby in the Holy Bull Stakes (gr. III) to claim a victory of his own in the $150,000 Swale Stakes (gr. III) March 2 at Gulfstream Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Paulassilverlining Shows Her Mettle in Honorable Miss
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Jockey Flores Plans to Retire From Riding
- Curlin Road Wears Down Hard Aces in Cougar II
- Always Dreaming, Cloud Computing Head Jim Dandy
- Drefong Set for 2017 Debut in Bing Crosby
- A. P. Indian Seeks Vanderbilt Repeat
- Cool Catomine Rolls Late in Prince of Wales Upset
- Girvin to Have New Pilot in Albarado in Haskell
- Massachusetts Lawmakers Extend Racing, Simulcasting