A first try on turf proved no problem for undefeated Lightstream as she rallied to victory in the $100,000 Soaring Softly Stakes May 21 at Belmont Park.
Lightstream lived up to the expectations of her connections and of the 20,000 people who made her the 7-5 favorite in the $150,000 Adena Springs Beaumont Stakes (gr. III) April 17 at Keeneland.
Clearly Now returned to the winner's circle in blazing fashion July 5, setting a track record for seven furlongs when taking home the $400,000 Belmont Sprint Championship Stakes (gr. II) by open lengths at Belmont Park.
Two 3-year-olds who registered impressive stakes wins in Florida sprint races this year will meet for the first time when Clearly Now and Honorable Dillon start in the $250,000 Bay Shore Stakes (gr. III).
Clearly Now came off a third-place finish behind Itsmyluckyday and Shanghai Bobby in the Holy Bull Stakes (gr. III) to claim a victory of his own in the $150,000 Swale Stakes (gr. III) March 2 at Gulfstream Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Wake Forest Heads United Nations
- Probe Into Abandoned Horses Continues
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Lady Shipman Stands Tall in Highlander
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- Family Tree Scores in Iowa Oaks
- 'Ghost' Takes on Males in Queen's Plate
- Playing Exactas at the Summit of Speed
- VA-Bred Owners' Bonus Program Begins July 1