Thirteen 3-year-old fillies are set to square off in Sunday's $175,000 Honeymoon Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIT) at Hollywood Park with no apparent standout among the aspiring cast.
Arizona invader Virden, the longest shot in the field at odds of 26-1, went gate to wire to win the $111,900 Senorita (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-old filles by a nose on the Hollywood Park turf course Sunday.
Ten 3-year-old fillies are set to compete in Sunday's $100,000 Senorita Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Hollywood Park while aiming for an eventual invitation to the $750,000 American Oaks (gr. IT) on July 3.
Most Popular Stories
- Full Field to Meet Flashback in Malibu
- Swiss Lake Yodeler Solves Soviet Problem
- Mr Speaker Skims to Dania Beach Surprise
- No Jet Lag Can Make Amends in Sir Beaufort
- Sweet Lulu Breaks From Rail in La Brea Clash
- Strapping Groom Much the Best in Gravesend
- Slideshow: A Visit to WinStar Farm
- Baker to Head Operations at Three Chimneys
- Cyber Secret Sets Turfway Mark in Stakes Win
- Elusive Gold Surprises Cape Guineas Field