Thirteen 3-year-old fillies are set to square off in Sunday's $175,000 Honeymoon Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIT) at Hollywood Park with no apparent standout among the aspiring cast.
Arizona invader Virden, the longest shot in the field at odds of 26-1, went gate to wire to win the $111,900 Senorita (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-old filles by a nose on the Hollywood Park turf course Sunday.
Ten 3-year-old fillies are set to compete in Sunday's $100,000 Senorita Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Hollywood Park while aiming for an eventual invitation to the $750,000 American Oaks (gr. IT) on July 3.
Most Popular Stories
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- Bayern's First Foal, a Filly, Arrives in Ontario
- Stronach Still Seeking New Heights for Racing
- Uncontested Romp in Smarty Jones
- Jockey Olguin Secures Milestone Win
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- Stonestreet to Sponsor Lexington Stakes, Purse Boosted
- R. A. Hill Stable Buys Into Breaking Lucky
- Metaboss to Harris Farms in California
- The Curse of Haskin