Thirteen 3-year-old fillies are set to square off in Sunday's $175,000 Honeymoon Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIT) at Hollywood Park with no apparent standout among the aspiring cast.
Arizona invader Virden, the longest shot in the field at odds of 26-1, went gate to wire to win the $111,900 Senorita (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-old filles by a nose on the Hollywood Park turf course Sunday.
Ten 3-year-old fillies are set to compete in Sunday's $100,000 Senorita Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Hollywood Park while aiming for an eventual invitation to the $750,000 American Oaks (gr. IT) on July 3.
Most Popular Stories
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Record Tiznow Colt Lives Up to Expectations
- Animal Kingdom's First N. Hemisphere Starter Wins Big
- Tiznow Colt Brings $2.45 Million at OBS
- Paradise Woods Records Final Work for Kentucky Oaks
- Pletcher Considering Royal Ascot for American Patriot
- Derby, Oaks Notes from Churchill Downs, April 27
- Sharp: Girvin Still on Track for Kentucky Derby
- A Few Early Thoughts on the Kentucky Derby Pace
- Past Three Winners Return for Hong Kong's QE II