Trainer Gary Contessa, a 30-year racetrack veteran, has had high hopes for Unswept, who begins his 3-year-old season in Monday's $75,000 Fred "Cappy" Capossela at Aqueduct.
Grey Comet and jockey Aaron Gryder took the lead at the top of the stretch and pulled away from the field to keep his career record perfect in the 24th running of the $82,575 Damon Runyon Stakes at Aqueduct on Sunday.
Star Track Farm's Grey Comet and David Cassidy's Unswept are the colts to beat in Sunday's $75,000 Damon Runyon for New York-bred juveniles going 1/16 mile at Aqueduct.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Headed to Dubai World Cup
- Five Share Fastest Time in Fasig-Tipton Sale Works
- Conquest Mo Money Still Undefeated, Sunland Derby Next
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Finger Lakes Horsemen Agree to Deal to Keep Track Open
- Prominent Ohio Breeder George Smith Dies at 84
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Finger Lakes Season Could be on Line at Feb. 27 Meeting
- Unique Bella Tops Roster of 109 Kentucky Oaks Nominees
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies