Blackdoun, a colt who chased some good ones in France, won his second stakes race in as many tries at Del Mar this summer, taking the La Jolla Handicap (gr. IIT) for 3-year-olds Saturday.
Blackdoun, a solid winner of the faster division of Del Mar's opening-day Oceanside Stakes at a mile on the turf, heads a field of seven 3-year-olds for Saturday's $150,000 La Jolla Handicap (gr. IIT) at 1 1/16 miles on the Jimmy Durante Turf Course.
Peter Angelos' undefeated Greek Sun, ridden by Alex Solis, swept past 3-5 favorite Laura's Lucky Boy with a sixteenth of a mile to go on his way to a powerful two-length triumph in the $153,450 Cinema Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-olds at Hollywood Park Saturday.
Bear Fan defeated Super High by one length to win the $110,300 Irish O'Brien Stakes, the St. Patrick's Day feature for California-bred older fillies and mares at Santa Anita on Wednesday.
Most Popular Stories
- Gulfstream Race is 'No Contest' After Spill
- After the Wire: Rebel Stakes
- California Chrome 'Wait and See' for SA Derby
- Rebel Rematch Expected in Arkansas Derby
- Stormy Lucy Ends Graded Drought in Santa Ana
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Likely Entrants for World Cup Card Released
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- KY-Bred Lideris Wins Latinoamericana in Peru
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident