Blackdoun, a colt who chased some good ones in France, won his second stakes race in as many tries at Del Mar this summer, taking the La Jolla Handicap (gr. IIT) for 3-year-olds Saturday.
Blackdoun, a solid winner of the faster division of Del Mar's opening-day Oceanside Stakes at a mile on the turf, heads a field of seven 3-year-olds for Saturday's $150,000 La Jolla Handicap (gr. IIT) at 1 1/16 miles on the Jimmy Durante Turf Course.
Peter Angelos' undefeated Greek Sun, ridden by Alex Solis, swept past 3-5 favorite Laura's Lucky Boy with a sixteenth of a mile to go on his way to a powerful two-length triumph in the $153,450 Cinema Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-olds at Hollywood Park Saturday.
Bear Fan defeated Super High by one length to win the $110,300 Irish O'Brien Stakes, the St. Patrick's Day feature for California-bred older fillies and mares at Santa Anita on Wednesday.
Most Popular Stories
- Grade II Winners to Battle in WV Derby
- No Worries for Paquette in First Race Call
- Wilkins to Direct Calumet Stallion Division
- 'The Chief' in Florida Rather Than Saratoga
- Travers or Pennsylvania Derby Next for Bayern
- As Revenue Drops, NY Casinos Get Extra Hours
- Catalano's Daughter Reports Progress
- Bayern Wires Haskell; Favored Untapable 5th
- Godolphin's Romansh on Schedule for Whitney
- 2015 Preakness Stakes Logo Unveiled