An investigation by the University of Minnesota into reasons, costs, and solutions for the increase into unwanted horses in the upper Midwest and Texas will be discussed at a summit March 8 at Leatherdale Equine Center.
Canterbury Park President Randy Sampson announced July 21 that the Canterbury Park Minnesota Fund has pledged $100,000 to the new University of Minnesota Equine Center.
Morris Animal Foundation has selected the University of Minnesota's College of Veterinary Medicine to receive funding for the first ever Equine Consortium for Genetic Research grant. The goal of the $2.5 million grant is to bring together the world's best researchers in a focused, collaborative effort to improve equine health.
Most Popular Stories
- Capps' Death is Big Loss to Louisville Equine Program
- McCraken Finishes Strong in Five-Furlong Move
- Romans Mulling Rider Options for J Boys Echo
- Santa Anita Cancels April 27 Racing
- Albarado Fractures Lower Leg, Off J Boys Echo in Derby
- Goldikova, Espinoza Among Hall of Fame Inductees
- Brisk Activity Bodes Well for OBS Spring Sale
- Spending Time With New Trainer Kent Sweezey
- Reach the World Euthanized After Training Injury
- Nichols Canyon Connections Pointing for Iroquois Bonus