Doug Reed, former University of Arizona Race Track Industry Program director and longtime racing executive, Aug. 8 announced full-time pursuit of his consulting practice as principal for Racing, Gaming & Entertainment.
The Kentucky Horse Racing Commission announced April 4 Steve May has been appointed supervisor of Pari-Mutuel Wagering and Compliance.
A tentative agenda for the Dec. 3-6 Global Symposium of Racing & Gaming presented by the University of Arizona Race Track Industry Program has been released.
The University of Arizona Race Track Industry Program has announced its agenda for the 2006 Symposium on Racing & Gaming to be held Dec. 4-7 at the Westin La Paloma Resort in Tucson.
The horse racing industry should exploit the growth of sports betting, broaden its distribution, and develop new content rather than looking to racinos as an industry "savior," according to Scientific Games chairman and chief executive officer A. Lorne Weil.
Youbet.com has contributed $100,000 to the University of Arizona's Race Track Industry Program to help endow a proposed faculty chair to conduct industry business research to head the RTIP's masters degree program.
Most Popular Stories
- China Horse Club Buys into California Chrome
- Stellar Wind Works in Company for Distaff
- Quidura Reigns for Motion in Valley View
- Nobiz Like Shobiz Settling in at Old Friends
- Report: Dips in Stallion, Mares-Bred Numbers
- Frosted Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Mr. Nightlinger Moved to Mighty Acres
- Beholder Blazes in Breeders' Cup Drill
- Phlash Phelps Team Back in Maryland Million
- Shy Ruston is Calibrachoa's First Winner