A tentative agenda for the Dec. 3-6 Global Symposium of Racing & Gaming presented by the University of Arizona Race Track Industry Program has been released.
The University of Arizona Race Track Industry Program has announced its agenda for the 2006 Symposium on Racing & Gaming to be held Dec. 4-7 at the Westin La Paloma Resort in Tucson.
The horse racing industry should exploit the growth of sports betting, broaden its distribution, and develop new content rather than looking to racinos as an industry "savior," according to Scientific Games chairman and chief executive officer A. Lorne Weil.
Youbet.com has contributed $100,000 to the University of Arizona's Race Track Industry Program to help endow a proposed faculty chair to conduct industry business research to head the RTIP's masters degree program.
Most Popular Stories
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More
- Candy Boy Sharpens Up for Santa Anita Derby
- Trainer Chleborad Secures 1,000th Career Win
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- Ria Antonia Posts Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- Mucho Macho Man Taking it Easy at Gulfstream
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- OBS Spring Sale Catalog Now Available Online