A tentative agenda for the Dec. 3-6 Global Symposium of Racing & Gaming presented by the University of Arizona Race Track Industry Program has been released.
The University of Arizona Race Track Industry Program has announced its agenda for the 2006 Symposium on Racing & Gaming to be held Dec. 4-7 at the Westin La Paloma Resort in Tucson.
The horse racing industry should exploit the growth of sports betting, broaden its distribution, and develop new content rather than looking to racinos as an industry "savior," according to Scientific Games chairman and chief executive officer A. Lorne Weil.
Youbet.com has contributed $100,000 to the University of Arizona's Race Track Industry Program to help endow a proposed faculty chair to conduct industry business research to head the RTIP's masters degree program.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah to Haskell
- New Whip Rule's First Day No Problem in SoCal
- Los Alamitos Enjoys Opening-Day Handle Spike
- Main Sequence Class of Loaded United Nations
- Barbados Returns in Carry Back
- Java's War Seeks Elusive Win in Singspiel
- KY Horse Park Transitioning to Black Fences
- Race Day Heads Loaded Salvator Mile
- Divisidero, Bolo Square Off in Belmont Derby
- Churchill Donates to Charities, University