Eishin Preston, an American-bred son of Green Dancer based in Japan, defeated Takao Watanabe's Agnes Digital by a half-length in Sunday's Audemars Piguet Queen Elizabeth II Cup (HK-I) on good turf at Sha Tin.
Sunline continued to pad her resume, carrying 132 pounds to victory for a second time in the Coolmore Classic (Aus-I).
New Zealand-bred mare Sunline became only the second horse in the 33-year history of the awards to be named Horse of the Year in Australia twice.
That the best horse won is a statement most would like to see made more often. The capricious nature of racing, however, is the natural enemy of order. Yet it happened in Sydney on April 14, when Universal Prince pulverized his rivals in the $2 million (Australian funds; $1,018,400 U.S.) Australian Derby (Aust-I).
Most Popular Stories
- Pletcher Breezes Four Kentucky Derby Hopefuls
- Classic Empire a Pro in Four-Furlong Move
- Espinoza Wins First Race After HOF Announcement
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Sano Star Gunnevera Goes Easy Five Furlongs
- BloodHorse.com Launches BackTrack Channel
- Blinkers Likely for Practical Joke in Kentucky Derby
- Vexatious Stands Out in Oaks Move
- O'Neill Confident After Irap's Mile Work
- Quiet Business Wins Bewitch on Keeneland's Closing Day