Eishin Preston, an American-bred son of Green Dancer based in Japan, defeated Takao Watanabe's Agnes Digital by a half-length in Sunday's Audemars Piguet Queen Elizabeth II Cup (HK-I) on good turf at Sha Tin.
Sunline continued to pad her resume, carrying 132 pounds to victory for a second time in the Coolmore Classic (Aus-I).
New Zealand-bred mare Sunline became only the second horse in the 33-year history of the awards to be named Horse of the Year in Australia twice.
That the best horse won is a statement most would like to see made more often. The capricious nature of racing, however, is the natural enemy of order. Yet it happened in Sydney on April 14, when Universal Prince pulverized his rivals in the $2 million (Australian funds; $1,018,400 U.S.) Australian Derby (Aust-I).
Most Popular Stories
- 'Chrome' Draws Outside Post 9 for World Cup
- Four Penn National Vets Face Federal Charges
- Cooperative, Monarch End Simulcast Dispute
- License Review Likely for Charged Penn Vets
- One Lucky Dane to Join Dortmund in SA Derby
- Stellar Wind Striking for Curlin
- Competitive Edge Wins Comeback at Gulfstream
- Grade I Winner La Tia Retired
- Dubai Trackwork Notes, March 27
- Keeneland Spring Meet Set to Open April 3