The United States Senate voted June 26 to revive broad legislation to overhaul the country's immigration system. The measure was thought to be dead earlier in the month.
The U.S. Senate passed an international tax bill that includes two provisions that are favorable for the horse industry. The first is the clarification that the 30% alien withholding provision does not apply to nonresident aliens wagering in foreign countries; the second is a reduction in the holding period for horses to qualify for capitol gains treatment from 24 months to 12 months.
Most Popular Stories
- Slideshow: Royal Delta
- NJ Senate Committee OKs Instant Racing Bill
- Horizontal Navigation: Blogs and Multimedia
- Ria Antonia Readies for Run Against Boys
- Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale Posts Increases
- Gulfstream Expands Lead in Handle
- Oaklawn Park to Open 57-day Meet Jan. 10
- Multi-Breed Drug Uniformity No Easy Task
- New Career Plans for Retired Comma to the Top
- New Buyers Drive Up Sales at Arqana