The United States Senate voted June 26 to revive broad legislation to overhaul the country's immigration system. The measure was thought to be dead earlier in the month.
The U.S. Senate passed an international tax bill that includes two provisions that are favorable for the horse industry. The first is the clarification that the 30% alien withholding provision does not apply to nonresident aliens wagering in foreign countries; the second is a reduction in the holding period for horses to qualify for capitol gains treatment from 24 months to 12 months.
Most Popular Stories
- Calumet Farm: The Rebirth of a Legend
- Mubtaahij the X Factor in Kentucky Derby
- Hall of Fame Jockey Turcotte Out of Hospital
- Shared Belief Diagnosed With Hip Fracture
- Efforts Continue to Identify At-Risk Horses
- 'Quisqueyano' Aims for Graded Win in TX Mile
- Median Rises at OBS Spring Sale Opener
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for April 21, 2015
- Motion to Send out Kitten's Point in Bewitch
- Mubtaahij Works Three Furlongs at Arlington