The United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit has denied an appeal by the former business managers of retired jockeys Laffit Pincay Jr. and Chris McCarron, leaving in place an $8-million award, including interest, given to the jockeys by a Los Angeles federal judge.
In a decision filed June 6, the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit reversed a federal court ruling and ordered reinstatement of the California Horse Racing Board's complaint against trainer Bob Baffert for a morphine positive in one of his horses.
Most Popular Stories
- Injury Knocks Constitution Off Derby Trail
- Ky Derby: Form, Pedigree, Speed, & Red Flags
- Eight Rivals for Kid Cruz in Federico Tesio
- Takeout Just One Symptom of the Disease
- Fayette Winners Square Off in Ben Ali
- Bejarano Picks Up Derby Mount on Wildcat Red
- Coolmore Lexington: A Prep in Its Prime
- Divine Oath Heads Coolmore Lexington
- Kauai Katie Makes Her 2014 Debut in Distaff
- Denali Promotes Jarrett, Adds Bayer to Team