The United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit has denied an appeal by the former business managers of retired jockeys Laffit Pincay Jr. and Chris McCarron, leaving in place an $8-million award, including interest, given to the jockeys by a Los Angeles federal judge.
In a decision filed June 6, the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit reversed a federal court ruling and ordered reinstatement of the California Horse Racing Board's complaint against trainer Bob Baffert for a morphine positive in one of his horses.
Most Popular Stories
- Albarado Fractures Ankle, Off J Boys Echo in Derby
- Santa Anita Cancels April 27 Racing
- Irad Ortiz Jr. Wins Aqueduct Riding Title
- Dolphus Outruns Quality Field at Aqueduct
- Pricey Filly Tops OBS Pinhook Prospects
- Reach the World Euthanized After Training Injury
- J Boys Echo Breezes Five Furlongs at Churchill
- Stormy Liberal Wins Third Straight Stakes
- Party Boat Upsets Fifty Five in Memories of Silver
- Imperative Repeats in Charles Town Classic