The United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit has denied an appeal by the former business managers of retired jockeys Laffit Pincay Jr. and Chris McCarron, leaving in place an $8-million award, including interest, given to the jockeys by a Los Angeles federal judge.
In a decision filed June 6, the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit reversed a federal court ruling and ordered reinstatement of the California Horse Racing Board's complaint against trainer Bob Baffert for a morphine positive in one of his horses.
Most Popular Stories
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- Stonestreet: Rachel's Valentina Retired
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- 'Chrome' Back to Los Al After San Diego Win
- Beholder Work Moved After Del Mar Breakdowns
- Beholder Brilliant in Del Mar Breeze
- Hard Aces Too Tough in Cougar II
- Lanerie Scores Unusual Double at Ellis Park
- Nyquist Logs Final Work for Haskell
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury