Northwest Stud near Ocala, Fl. has announced its stud fees for the 2014 breeding season, including the latest stallion to join its rapidly-growing roster, grade I winner Turbo Compressor.
The minimum purse for grade I and grade II stakes will be raised by $50,000 for 2014. An increase for grade III stakes may be made in 2015.
U.S. horses slump in the Dubai World Cup since surface change. read blog
For the month of September, pari-mutuel handle continued to decline, but a considerable increase in purses provided a silver lining, according to the latest Thoroughbred Racing Economic Indicators.
Pari-mutuel handle took a hit but purses gained a bit in the second quarter of 2008, according to the "Thoroughbred Racing Economic Indicators" for United States and Canadian pari-mutuel wagering on U.S. Thoroughbred racing.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association (NTRA) and Equibase Company have released the "Thoroughbred Racing Economic Indicators" for pari-mutuel wagering in the United States and Canada.
Darley Flying Start students concluded their time in Kentucky by holding debates at the fourth Darley Flying Start Conference at Keeneland Race Course July 18.
Gross purses rose 3.6% and pari-mutuel handle increased 1.6% in the United States for 2001, setting records in both catagories, according to the 12th edition of "The Jockey Club Fact Book," released online today.
Most Popular Stories
- Stall Guns for Departing's Grade I in Whitney
- Wise Dan Won't Run in Fourstardave
- Darley's Hard Spun to Return From Japan
- Del Mar Once Again Shifting Races Off Turf
- Millionaire Halo Dolly Retired from Racing
- Horse Returned, But Entry Clerk Out of a Job
- Keeneland September Catalogs More Than 4,000
- Best Pal is Next Chapter for Story to Tell
- Seagram Cup Next on Sky Captain's Itinerary
- Handle Declines at Churchill-Owned Tracks