Master of Disaster, owned by Puglisi Stables and trained by Steve Klesaris, returns to action Saturday for the first time since a runner-up effort to Henny Hughes in the Saratoga Special (gr. II) in Belmont's Futurity Stakes (gr. II). The seven-furlong Futurity carries a purse of $300,000 and has drawn a field of seven 2-year-olds.
In a thrilling three-horse finish, Beacon Shine was all out to win the $105,100 Flash Stakes (gr. III) Friday at Belmont Park.
Master of Disaster lived up to his name on May 10 at Delaware Park, demolishing a field of maidens by more than 13 lengths. He'll look to stay undefeated Friday when he starts in the five-furlong Flash Stakes (gr. III) for 2-year-olds at Belmont Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Curlin Colt Sells for $350,000 at F-T October
- Cinco Charlie to Spendthrift Farm
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Tapit Colt Late Withdrawal from F-T Sale
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Malibu Moon Filly Sells for $300,000 at F-T
- Inside the Magical Kingdom of Ballydoyle
- Positive Start to Fasig-Tipton October Sale
- Mike Tirico to Host NBC's Prime BC Coverage
- Arc Winner Found Could Run in BC Classic