The sale company will follow the uniform medication model rules adopted for racing by the Association of Racing Commissioners International. Medication rule changes will begin in March.
The New York Racing Association Oct. 17 expressed its full support of the New York State Gaming Commission's proposed rules on threshold limits for therapeutic medications on race day.
According to the Albuquerque Journal, New Mexico is the most recent state to have its racing commission approve uniform medication rules.
- By Frank Angst
Clenbuterol is a hot topic as industry takes steps toward uniform medication rules. watch video
A Jan. 30 meeting of racing stakeholders in the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast regions showed how difficult it can be to achieve uniformity, even with the best intentions or most basic of regulations.
The Thoroughbred Owners of California will join regulators from eight states in the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast by committing to implement the Mid-Atlantic Uniform Medication Program in January 2014.
Most Popular Stories
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- Copper Bullet Out to Build Reputation in Bashford Manor
- New York Discusses Race-Day Lasix Rules
- Hill 'n' Dale Acquires Half Interest in Bubbler
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Ward Pleased With Stable's Royal Ascot Performance
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- Fager to Deliver Thoroughbred Owner Conference Keynote
- Conrad Bandoroff Joins Denali Stud