The sale company will follow the uniform medication model rules adopted for racing by the Association of Racing Commissioners International. Medication rule changes will begin in March.
The New York Racing Association Oct. 17 expressed its full support of the New York State Gaming Commission's proposed rules on threshold limits for therapeutic medications on race day.
According to the Albuquerque Journal, New Mexico is the most recent state to have its racing commission approve uniform medication rules.
- By Frank Angst
Clenbuterol is a hot topic as industry takes steps toward uniform medication rules. watch video
A Jan. 30 meeting of racing stakeholders in the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast regions showed how difficult it can be to achieve uniformity, even with the best intentions or most basic of regulations.
The Thoroughbred Owners of California will join regulators from eight states in the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast by committing to implement the Mid-Atlantic Uniform Medication Program in January 2014.
Most Popular Stories
- NYRA to Cap Belmont Attendance at 90,000
- MarketWatch: Jamie Hill on Sires, Pinhooking
- Powers, Billy Kelly Selected for Hall of Fame
- Goo Goo Dolls to Perform Belmont Weekend
- 1995 Kentucky Derby Race Sequence
- Williamson Joins American Horse Council Staff
- Inglis Reports Productive Four-Day Auction
- Mr. Z Camp Still Undecided on Preakness
- Old English Rancho Owner Johnston Dies at 77
- New Injury Diagnosis for International Star